Orange Thai Beef Skewers

Confession: I am a copy cat. I rarely make up recipes of my own. I prefer following other recipes that have been tried and true. My newest cookbook obsession is "Our Best Bites". I can't say enough about it. I love everything I try! Rather then reposting the entire cookbook, I'm choosing one of my favorites and highly recommend buying the book. Do notice our garden fresh green beans on the side!!

1 orange (zest and juice)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp coriander
4 cloves garlic, minced
2-4 tsps Sriracha chili sauce (start with 2 tsps and add more to taste)
1 1/2 lbs flank steak

1. Zest the entire orange into a bowl. Cut the orange in half and juice the orange; add the orange juice to the zest.

2. Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger, coriander, and garlic into the orange juice and zest. Add Sriracha to taste.

3. Slice the steak against the grain into 1/4 inch slices. Place the steak slices into a zip-lock bag and pour the marinade over the steak. Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.

4. Preheat grill. Thread the pieces of steak on skewers. (Be sure to soak skewers in water for 30 minutes so they don't burn) Grill over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes and serve immediately because theese cool quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Best Bites cookbook too! I'm impressed by the garden fresh green beans!:)

    ReplyDelete