Raspberry Drizzle Cake

This is one of my favorite things my Mom makes. It was frequently requested for Birthday's or holidays. I have found, however, that Raspberry Danish Dessert is impossible to find outside of Utah. You can make it a strawberry topping but I prefer the Raspberry so note to self: pick up a package of Raspberry Danish Dessert every time I'm in Utah.
Cake:
1 White Cake Mix (preferably with the pudding) made according to pkg directions in a 9x 13 pan. Let cool or freeze for a while before frosting.

Frosting:
1 pint cream, whipped
8 oz. Cream Cheese
2 cups powdered sugar

Mix together and refrigerate. It should be the consistency of frosting. Frost the white cake after it’s cooled, using all the frosting so that it is quite heavy on the cake, although I always seem to have some left. That’s when I just get out the graham crackers to clean the bowl. Return cake to the freezer to help it set up.

Drizzle:
2 pkg. frozen raspberries, drained well (if using fresh strawberries, use 1 lb. and use 1 ¾ C. water for the Danish dessert.)
1 ¾ raspberry juice (add water if necessary)
1 pkg. raspberry Danish Dessert (usually found near the Jello in grocery stores)

Mix raspberry juice and Danish dessert together and boil 1 minute. Refrigerate to cool completely. Add raspberries to cooled mixture and pour over top of frosted cake. Store cake in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't made this yet! I really want to, though, because it's so good.

    ReplyDelete